Prime Project Managers Ltd. was established in August 2000. The company is very well balanced with sound theoretical, construction and contractual expertise gained both on the local and international market. The Company offers professional services in both Project Management and Construction Management. In recent years, the Company has provided project management services on the Restoration of several historic buildings; the Queen’s Royal College Main Block, the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (ongoing), President’s House and Heritage Library.
Construction Projects are complicated undertakings consisting of several phases and require a diverse range of specialization. The make-up of the Project Management Team can be considered to be one of the most important factors in making this project a success.
Effective Project Management takes time and effort, the cost of which is more than made up for over the life of the project by:
- Resolving problems quickly.
- Resolving future risk before the problem occurs.
- Communicating and managing expectations to the client, team members and stakeholders more effectively.
- Building a higher quality product the first time.
Scope of Services
The Scope of Services offered by Prime Project Managers Ltd. can be described as follows:
- Manage a project scope by defining the goals and work to be done
- Collaborate with the Consulting Team on the Conceptual design
- Develop the appropriate approach for the Pre-qualification of Contractors
- Monitoring the selection of a suitable Contractor
- Advise on the Preparation of Contract Documents
- Manage communications so that the appropriate parties are continuously informed
- Monitoring the supervision of works in progress to keep the project on track
- Manage quality so that the project results are satisfactory.
- Manage costs so that the project is performed at a minimum practical cost
- Manage time by skilled planning and facilitate the Contractor in meeting the completion schedule
- Assist in the Snagging of the works
- Practical completion and Handover to Client
Restoration of Queen’s Royal College – Ongoing
Service Provided: Project Management Description: Restoration of the century old landmark utilising materials and techniques of this period.
Restoration of The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception – Ongoing
Service Provided: Project Management
Description: Historical Restoration of the cathedral.
Additional Projects completed within the last 15 years
Additional major projects undertaken by PPML partners over the last 15 years include:
Restoration of the Heritage Library
Tobago Hilton Hotel – Tobago
Sandals La Toc Hotel – St. Lucia
Lucelec Power Plant Phase Three – St. Lucia
Biche High School Refurbishment
Camacho Brothers / Minesett Warehouses
Melville Shipping Head Offices
Briar Place Office Building – Lowlands Mall, Tobago
Fuel Ethanol Plant – Point Fortin